Well, not really my last one. I plan on two or three more at least, but by that point I won't be able to type coherently and I'd rather not ramble through this post like a ill-syllabicate haiku. . .
![]() |
| Party of One! Swiggle Straw!Woo!!! |
There are a couple reasons I am doing this personal challenge. Yes, I said "challenge." Reasons include:
1) I LOVE TO DRINK! No, I mean it. I love to drink. It is my worst and favorite habit. Most nights I come come and pour myself a drink and float the night away on a mind-emptying buzz. My brain is constantly thinking - flitting here and there and everywhere all the time. It only stops when I imbibe a gin and tonic or some other simply made drink. It's one of the best feelings in the world to me. The ritual of walking though my front door, shedding my work clothes on the bed, replacing them with comfy sweats and then measuring and pouring myself an instant relaxant. The first sip is perfect and any bad that my day had gets washed away. It's lovely. Please note that I said "habit" and not "problem." I don't need to drink every day and I do not. I just enjoy drinking. We'll save my psychology for another post.
2) My tolerance is getting a little too high. And by a "little," I mean "a lot." As with any activity, you body develops a tolerance. Coffee drinkers need more cups to get through the day and athletes need more weight/reps/miles to achieve physical results. Alcohol consumption is no different. Where a shot of Malibu rum with pineapple juice made me all giggly as a 19 year girl drinking her first cocktail, that wouldn't even affect me now. My tolerance at this point in my life would make a frat boy proud. Being the OCD freak that I am about drinking (see future post), I now measure 6 ounces of liquor to get me "drunk." Not "shit-faced-running-around-naked" drunk, just "regular" drunk. To some that may seem like a lot, to others, not so much. But, to me, that is getting a little to "cray-cray" (that's what the kids say right?) for me.
3) It's making me gain weight. Vanity, thy name is too tight jeans. Over the past year, I have gain some weight. Nothing that is overtly noticeable to most people, but that is evident in the way my clothing fits. I only comfortable fit in my "fat" jeans and some of my blouses are pulling at the buttons. My upper arms and thighs feel snug in all my sweaters and pants. It's awful. It's teen girl complex awful.
4) Hangover recovery isn't what it used to be. Gah, I am getting old. At least, my liver is telling me so. Where I used to wake up feeling fine after a night of drinking, I now wake up with an unbelievable thrust for water, nausea and bloating. It's not fun. I feel gross. It sucks. The symptoms that alcohol are suppose to give you has finally caught up with my demigod-like self. Sigh. . .
Well, folks, that is my reasoning for "Sober September" in a nutshell. I would get more in depth, but my cup is empty of rum and I need to refill it. I'll write back in a week and tell you of any adventures that this journey awaits me! Until then, bottoms up!

No comments:
Post a Comment