Monday, February 3, 2014

A Not So Heathly Start: Day 1

My plan was to start P90X3 on 2/1/14 - the day I got back from my indulgent Hawaiian vacation.

Yeah. . .not the most flattering comment.
That was the plan. Unfortunately, my body had a different plan for me and I woke up Saturday with a terrible cold. Monday, 2/3/14, I went back to work and was pretty much immediately told by a a co-worker that I looked like Bella when she died giving birth (Twilight - Third Movie). Yet, even though I am not at 100% of my physical and sarcastic strength, I made myself start the workout two days behind schedule because I am as stubborn as a mule! Decreased lung capacity be damned!

I decided to do the "Lean" version of the program and James is opting for the "Classic" version. My goal is to tone and lose my excess weight. James' goal is to get fit and not be "fat" anymore. Basically, we want to be the prettiest people in the room - any room - even our rooms at home. Even our cats are currently leaner and healthier than us! We both are also pushing 30 (gah!) and realize that we ain't getting any younger and being trim and good working order physically isn't going to get any easier. Eh, cliche, but completely true!

We did our "Fit Test" on 1/20/13, before our week long vacation. I was pretty proud of my results overall. James, not so much. I work out pretty regularly, so I knew my results would be solid. I did not however realize that I CANNOT DO A PULL UP!!! The test required a wide, palms-away-from-you position and I couldn't do it. Not even a quarter of one! There I am at an elementary school playground and I am kicking the air and yelling profanities at arms that will not lift! It was embarrassing to say the least. Bottom line: We were shamed by monkey bars.

Our results were more or less in line with what they should have been. Neither of us "passed" them all. I feel confident that I will do well. I have already tried out the Yoga, Pilates and the CVX routines prior to starting the program.

Today, Day 1, I did Accerlator. I had a little trouble with it due to me being only at 85% of my usual level of awesome. Overall, it was a fast-paced cardio video. I should have used a folded yoga mat due to the amount of planks and moves that put stress on my wrists.

James did Total Synergistics. The work out looked pretty fun. . .to me. To James, well, let's just say that he was doing some physical movements that weren't part of the video at Tony Horton.

Below you will see our "Before" pictures. I will provide new pictures every 30 days. Be prepared for some awesome improvements!





1 comment:

  1. You both look beautiful. But you're gonna look RIPPED at the end of this, so excited. I'm so happy you convinced James to do a 'before' picture. He was not having it last I talked to him. You're a good lady.

    ReplyDelete