Saturday, June 29, 2013

Trying to Marry My Two Favorite Things

Do you know what is one of the best feelings in the world?

A strong drink after a hard and sweaty workout.

You may be saying, "But, Nikki, isn't that counterproductive? Didn't you just destroy all your hard work?"

The answer, of course, is yes. I didn't say it was the best "decision" in the world. Feelings, on average, aren't the most logical of things. But, the euphoria of endorphins from doing an hour long Plyometrics class plus the skull numbing goodness of a crisp gin and tonic can
make any bad day lovely.

My love of fitness and my love of strong drinks is the main reason for creating this blog. I am considered the "fit one" of my social circles. I get asked questions from co-workers and friends on what they need to do to tone this or lose that. I have done P90X and ran a Warrior Dash. On the flip side, I am the "drinker" amongst my cohorts. I only want strong drinks and if I drink I do it to get fuzzy in the brain. I am paradox of health and trying to find a balance between these contradictory sides isn't exactly a jog in the park.

Camping necessities from a fellow crusader of health and life.
So, this blog will be devoted to fitness, food, lifestyle choices, libations and my opinions. I will post and write about the different exercise programs I try and ones I create myself. I will blog about my favorite healthy and not-so-healthy recipes. The occasional editorial about celebrities, trends and myself will also be included.

I am writing to create accountability for myself and if I help others along the way, AWESOME. 



No comments:

Post a Comment